Posted in Reflections, school work, Writing, Writing

Book Review- Lion

The book that I read was called Lion and it was a true story written by Saroo Brierley. I think the genre was adventure because that’s basically what Saroo was doing, (having an adventure). The book was about an Indian boy who got lost when he was very young and had many adventures while he was trying to find his was home. At one point he was found by an orphanage and was adopted by two Australians, this meant he had to move to Australia. As he grew up there he decided to try and find his real family. Then his journey began.

What I liked most about this book was how Saroo explained his adventures in a detailed way which made the book quite interesting. What I didn’t really like about the book was how after he found his family it kind of dragged on and wasn’t really interesting anymore.

My favourite part of the book was when he found his real family. It was a really happy and nice moment for Saroo and all the readers. When I watched the movie I cried when he found his family even though it was a happy part.

Overall I really liked the book and enjoyed reading it. It was interesting, fun and exciting to read. My rating for it out of ten was, eight and a half out of ten.